Powered by Blogger.

Monday, October 18, 2010

In the spirit of October

I love all things pumpkin, except for pumpkin pie.  Weird, I know.  One of my very favorite treats this time of year is pumpkin chocolate chip bread.  I eat it for dessert the day I make it, and breakfast the next morning!
This makes A TON, but it freezes well.  Just bake it all, let the loaves cool, and what I do is put each loaf in a ziplock bag, seal it up, and then wrap it in tin foil and freeze.  Or give them to neighbors and the neighbors will love you forever!!

Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Bread

5 eggs
3 c. sugar
2 1/2 c. pumpkin
2 c. oil
4 1/2 c. flour
1 1/2 tsp. salt
1 1/2 tsp. baking soda
4 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
1 1/2 tsp. nutmeg
1 1/2 tsp. cloves
1 tsp. ginger
1 1/4 c. milk chocolate chips (or extra if you love chocolate like me :) )

Preheat oven to 350.  Cream eggs and sugar.  Add pumpkin and oil, mixing slightly.  Sift dry ingredients together and add to pumpkin mixture, mix to combine.  Fold in chocolate chips.  Pour into greased loaf pans and bake large loaves about 55-60 minutes, small loaf pans about 35-45 minutes.  A toothpick inserted should come out clean, and let cool in pans.  Stuff your face.

0 comments:

Post a Comment