Powered by Blogger.

Thursday, October 21, 2010

Becky's Fried Rice

My friend Becky always comes to work with the most delicious looking fried rice and I always want to copy it. Any time I have attempted fried rice it turns out to be a fried fail. So...I humbly asked for the recipe and she was nice enough to give it to me and then give me permission to share it! Enjoy!

Ingredients:
Olive oil and/or butter
2 or so cups meat of your choice. (I used chicken, but becky usually uses ham or bacon - yes bacon fried rice...can you imagine anything better?)
1 small yellow onion, diced
4-5 stalks green onions, diced
Handful of frozen baby peas (I used peas AND carrots even though I know it upset Becky because according to her, carrots have no place in fried rice :))
1-2 eggs
4-6 cups cooked white rice
Soy sauce
Salt and pepper to taste


Heat the oil or butter in a wok or very large skillet over medium-high heat and put meat in it. If you are using bacon or ham I would imagine you wouldn't have to oil the pan but for chicken you do. While meat is cooking, chop the onions but keep them separate. Once meat is cooked, remove and throw in the yellow onion. Saute (in butter or oil) until transparent then add green onion. While the onions are cooking, chop the meat into little pieces. Once the onions are cooked and soft, put in the baby peas (and carrots - don't tell Becky) and stir around until they are thawed. Throw in some salt and pepper to season.
Now for the eggs. If you want to dirty another dish, scramble the eggs in it and add them into the veggie mixture. I just pushed the veggies to the side and scrambled the eggs on the other side of the wok. Once the eggs are scrambled, add the meat and rice and stir it all together. Add soy sauce to make it all a nice brown and voila! Thanks, Becky, for letting me share you secret recipe!!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment