Powered by Blogger.

Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Rice Pilaf

I made this to go along with the honey glazed chicken.  Its one of my go-to recipes, its simple and delicious!

Rice Pilaf

1/2 stick butter
1 c. white rice
1 onion
1 c. celery
1 pkg. Lipton noodle soup mix
2 1/2 c. water
1/4 tsp. pepper
1/2 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp.thyme
1/4 tsp. sage
craisins
slivered almonds

Melt butter and add rice, onion, and celery and saute a bit.  Add everything else except craisins and almonds.  Bring to boil, cover, and cook 25 minutes on low.  Stir in craisins and almonds, as much as desired.

1 comments:

:::nikki::: said...

I made this last night and it is awesome. Definitely going into the permanent rotation. I left out the craisins because I knew Michael would be suspicious of them. Other than that, I stuck to the recipe. I loved it!!! Thank you!

Post a Comment