Powered by Blogger.

Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Freaking amazing chocolate Kahlua cake

Oh my word I could eat this entire cake myself.  Even my husband who doesn't like chocolate ate 3 huge pieces last time I made it.  Soooooooo good.  And easy peasy!!! 

Chocolate Kahlua Cake

1 pkg. devils food cake mix
4 eggs
1 c. sour cream
1 c. Kahlua ( i usually add extra :) )
3/4 c. oil
1 c. (ish) chocolate chips

Mix cake mix, eggs, sour cream, Kahlua and oil.  Stir in chocolate chips and spread into greased bundt pan and bake at 350 for 55-60 minutes.  *side note, I use the Pam Baking crap when I make this, and the cake comes out perfect.  If you are just using regular Pam, you might want to dust in a little flour with it as well, or else the cake might not come out very cleanly.*  Let cool in pan, then turn out onto wire thing (I can't think of what it is called right now!!!)

Icing

2 Tbsp. butter
2 Tbsp coco
2 Tbsp Kahlua
2 tsp. milk

melt everything above in a sauce pan.  I use a little less Kahlua here, since I don't want to really ingest raw alcohol, but I do put just a little and let it boil away for a minute. 

Then add 1 c. powdered sugar and 1/4 tsp. vanilla
Spread on cooled cake.  And try to restrain from shoving it all in your face.

2 comments:

Josh and Melissa Shaw said...

Look at this, I LOVE IT! You are such a suzy home maker! I loved reading this because I get in such a rut with recipes. Cheese enchiladas, pasta, crock-pot chicken, tacos (Then repeat)
I am going to try out some of your recipes and then report back to base!

Nikki said...

I can't believe you are cooking with alcohol. I'll be reporting this sin and putting your name in the temple. That is all.

Post a Comment