Powered by Blogger.

Friday, June 11, 2010

Spaghetti Pie by NikkI!

I love spaghetti pie...more than regular spaghetti...more than I should. This is my favorite recipe. Enjoy!(My camera is broken...no pictures. Sad)

You Will Need:
6 oz. (about half the box) of spaghetti (I use whole wheat, much to Mike's dismay)
1 lb. lean ground beef
1 small can of tomato paste
1 packet of Spaghetti Sauce seasoning
2 1/4 cups water
(You can substitute the previous three ingredients for a jar of your favorite spaghetti sauce, I just prefer the kind you make from the seasoning packet)
1-2 tbsp butter (optional but helpful)
2 eggs, beaten
1/3 cup grated parmesan cheese
1/2 cup mozerella cheese
1 cup lowfat cottage cheese

What to do:
*Preheat oven to 350 degrees
1. Boil the spaghetti noodles (I like to salt the water with kosher salt, it adds a nice flavor to the noodles)
2. At the same time, brown the beef. Once cooked, drain the grease (Author's note: I hate hamburger grease like I hate the Nazis so once I drain off the extra grease, I also spread it out on a few paper towels to get ALL the grease off) and set aside.
3. Mix the hot spaghetti with a little butter (maybe a tablespoon, I usually use less), the parmesan and the 2 eggs and put in a pie dish to form a "crust" for the pie.
4. Mix the tomato paste, water, and seasoning packet according to directions on packet. Then add the beef and let simmer for a few minutes.
5.  Spread the cottage cheese over the spaghetti mixture
6. Pour the spaghetti sauce over the spaghetti and bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes
7. Sprinkle Mozzarella cheese over the hot pie and bake 5 more minutes until the cheese in melted.
8. Let it cool for about 10 minutes before serving, it will thicken this way.

Since my fiance is a cop and works weird hours, I generally like to make stuff that I can put into tupperware to make little TV dinners for him to heat up when he gets home so yes, this reheats well. I served it (to myself) with steamed vegetables seasoned with nutritional yeast and a garlic knot breadstick that I made a while ago and froze. And I wanted to cry because it was so good. That is all!

1 comments:

Brooke Boren said...

that sounds so good i can't wait to try it. and I'm curious about this nutritional yeast you speak of... :)

Post a Comment