Powered by Blogger.

Monday, March 21, 2011

Guiltless Alfredo Sauce, no really.

This, also from www.ourbestbites.com is going to blow your mind. Why? Because, with God as my witness, it does not taste light. It tastes every bit as good as any alfredo sauce you've had AND it is done in 15 minutes. Seriously. Oh, and did I mention a 1/4 cup serving is 100 calories? Yes. We ate it last night with pasta and chicken and my amazing breadsticks, see below. Just take my word for it, you won't be sorry.

Ingredients:
2 Cups low fat milk (I used 2%)
3 oz. reduced fat cream cheese (Yes, the low fat cream cheese is called neufantchel. Don't get confused, it is the same thing)
2 Tbsp flour
1 tsp salt
1 Tbsp butter
3 cloves of garlic, minced
1 Cup grated parmesan cheese

What to do:
Put the milk, cream cheese, flour and salt in a blender and blend until smooth. Melt and heat the butter in a deep skillet over medium high heat and add garlic. Let it sizzle for 30 seconds to a minute. You don't want it to burn! Then add the milk mixture. Heat that, stirring constantly for 3 minutes or so until it's warm and smooth. Remove from the heat then add the parmesan cheese and stir until it's all melted. Done!

I guarantee you will not know it's light. I hate when people say that because you always do but no, you won't. Evidence of this is that Mike ate 2 helpings and gave me a high five...I'll never tell him.

1 comments:

omer said...

فني بالرياض

Post a Comment