Powered by Blogger.

Sunday, March 20, 2011

Easiest and Best Pork Chops Ever

I hated pork chops growing up. There was no reason for it as my mom never really made them. I think I just had in my mind that they were gross. Since becoming a "grown up" I have to come to really like them. They are CHEAP and very versatile. A friend of mine, Becky, who gave you Becky's Fried Rice, mentioned this recipe and it sounded so simple, I thought I'd give it a try. As it turns out I LOVE this recipe and Michael couldn't stop talking about them. You don't even need a knife, these babies literally fall apart on their own. If you have a guy that eats a lot, take my word for it and double this recipe. You'll be glad you did.

Ingredients:
A splash of olive oil
Half cup flour, or enough to coat the chops.
4-6 pork chops, I like the thin cut kind but any work and if you use the thin cut kind, you'll probably need 8-10 chops because they cook down pretty small.
1 can Campbell's condensed Chicken and Wild Rice soup, undiluted
Water, optional

Heat the olive oil in a skillet over medium-high heat until it just starts to smoke. While it's heating, put the flour in a ziploc bag and add the chops a couple at a time and shake to coat them in flour.

When your oil is hot, brown the chops a few at a time in the skillet, just a couple minutes on each side. You don't want to cook them, just slightly brown them on the outside.

Once browned, put the chops in a slow cooker and pour the can of soup over the top. When I make this again, I think I'll add about a half cup of water or so only because I found we didn't have as much "sauce" as we would have liked. You could also just add another can of soup.

Cook on low in your slow cooker for 4-6 hours (I cooked mine for 8 while I was at work and it was lovely). Serve over rice (see my rice how-to below) or egg noodles. Have you ever had pork chops that you can't even get out of the pot because they fall apart? I have :)


0 comments:

Post a Comment