Powered by Blogger.

Thursday, July 15, 2010

Alfredo Enchiladas? Oh yes!!!!

This is a recipe I have on my blog and I made it the other night and decided thought I would transfer it over here. We love these in the Cardwell home. There are times I actually crave these which is unusual for me unless it's a dessert item. It sounds weird with the alfredo sauce, I know. But if you give it a chance you won't be disappointed.

A little more than 2 cups shredded chicken (I bought a rotisserie chicken from Costco)

1 Jar Tomatillo salsa (the green salsa)

1 container of refrigerated-type alfredo sauce (It's important to get the refrigerated kind as it has a different taste and is usually better quality than the kind in the spaghetti aisle. I used Butoni LITE by the refrigerated pasta)

A few handfuls of mexican blend shredded cheese

4-5 tortillas

Sour cream and sliced avocados for seving

DIRECTIONS:
Preheat the oven to 375 degrees
Okay, in a large bowl, mix the chicken, half the cheese, and about a cup of the tomatillo salsa until the chicken is well coated.
Spoon about 1/2 cup of the chicken mixture into the middle of each tortilla, roll each up into a burrito and place snugly in a baking dish.
In the same bowl that you mixed the chicken, mix the whole container of alfredo and the other half of the cheese and pour it over the burritos. If you want, pour a little more of the salsa over the top.
Bake for 20-25 minutes until the cheese is bubbling. Top with sliced avocados and sour cream!

1 comments:

Brooke Boren said...

oh my word this sounds amazing.

Post a Comment